Visible demolition for Sacramento Kings new arena begins today
Demolition has been underway for close to two weeks on the Sacramento Kings’ new downtown arena. However, the first visible sign of the demo can be seen beginning today.
The Sacramento Kings announced yesterday that demolition crews will start the tear down of the part of the Downtown Plaza located on 515 L Street. Cameras showing the demolition will go live later this morning at 7:30 am. You can watch the tear down by following this link here.
The Sacramento Kings also noted a few other tidbits about the Downtown Plaza demolition.
- Those who’d like to see the demolition of the mall first-hand can head to 7th and K Street. The viewing window at that particular spot of the Downtown Plaza is now operational and open to the public.
- Three new bus stops will begin operations this Saturday, Aug. 16. They are located at the following locations:
- 9th and L Street
- Capitol Avenue, between 7th and 8th Streets
- 5th Street between Capitol Avenue and L Street
- A community open house is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 25 and will address the project’s timeline and overview. It will be held at 660 J Street, Suite 360 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
Updates on the construction of the Sacramento Kings’ new arena can be found at SacramentoESC.com. Sactown Royalty has also been sharing daily updates on demolition and construction. Lastly, the Downtown Plaza has been posting pictures of the demolition on its official Twitter account. You can give them a follow here.