Caught up with Tyreke Evans a few hours ago, who's back in Sacramento hosting a free basketball camp with the Positive Coaching Alliance and VSP the next two days for underprivileged kids in the area. And with the draft just minutes away, Evans shared some of his thoughts.
He was however unable to comment on the blockbuster trade the Kings reportedly made this afternoon. The Kings guard hadn't yet received official word that the trade was a done deal from the team yet.... More
- On Burks' shooting: "He has to get his base better on his feet. His feet are parallel, too close together. And we worked with him a little bit on changing that, but it's not going to happen overnight."
- On Burks' defense: "Sometimes Alec cruised and he was guilty of that. And as the year went on, he didn't cruise."
- On Burk's work ethic: "If you asked me this question earlier in the year, I would've said he really needed to improve. But as the year went on, his work ethic got better and better. He was in the office, seven in the morning watching tape with the coaches, he was doing extra work. I mean he really stepped it up and I think he has to step it up even more. I think there's still room for growth. "
- Bringing us an inside-perspective of the draft process for the Sacramento Kings is Director of Player Personnel and long-time color analyst, Jerry Reynolds.Highlights
- Jerry shares his take on scouting today versus 20-plus years ago.
- On Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette: "I think they're all good prospects. I don't think any of them will fail in the NBA. Now, are they the best prospects? I'm not going to get into that. But I think they certainly all perform well."
- On the possibility of trading out of the pick: "I will say this, I don't see much interest in moving up, so to speak, considering this draft. I think it'd be more likely to even move down. But probably neither."
- "At the beginning of next week, we're going to see one or two major trades happen, with massive salaries exchanged in preparation for the lockout. You know, getting out of some long term agreements before the new collective bargaining agreement kicks in. And that's just going to throw a wrench in everything. And we're just going have to go back to the beginning and change the order of the draft and start thinking about team needs. And everything's just going to get blown to hell."
- Givony references Chad Ford's story about Jan Vesely's workout for a few teams, including the Kings, in New Jersey this Sunday.
- Givony believes Jimmer Fredette's best-case scenario is a former King.
By my count, there are 37 media members in the press room waiting for the end of Jimmer-Kemba. Easily more than a first-round playoff seriesAfter the jump are some quotes, along with audio from KFAN 1320 sports radio from the post-workout media availability.... More
- On Leonard: "The personality and the life story, that's part of why he's moving up the board because he's got an ego in a sense that he's confident about himself, but he's not a young guy that's going to come in saying that 'man I can't wait to get my 12, 13 shots.' He just wants to fit in, work hard and be a good NBA player."
- On Kings scouting: "I was told that three different members - Geoff Petrie, Wayne Cooper & Shareef Abdur-Rahim I think it was, had all made separate trips to see Jan Vesley, which I think tells you something (about their interest). But there's similar stories about Kawhi."
- And as far as Brandon Knight working out against JimmerFredette & Kemba Walker before next Thursday? Sam doesn't see it happening