54 results for tag: 2011 NBA Draft
2011 NBA Draft. This wasn't the first time these two have worked out against each other in a pre-draft workout, but it was the first time the Kings had two lottery-bound prospects who play the same position go head-to-head. Burks and Thompson headlined a group that also included small forwards Ravern Johnson and Jamine Peterson, as well as big men Greg Smith and Alex Stepheson.Video and analysis after the jump.... More
Draft Express is one of the premieminent, if not top go-to sites for scouting potential NBA players. So we were happy to welcome Jonathan Givony, president of DX, to the CK podcast and share his thoughts on this year's draft.Highlights
- "At the beginning of next week, we're going to see one or two major trades happen, with massive salaries exchanged in preparation for the lockout. You know, getting out of some long term agreements before the new collective bargaining agreement kicks in. And that's just going to throw a wrench in everything. And we're just going have to go back to the beginning and change the order of the draft and start thinking about team needs. And everything's just going to get blown to hell."
- Givony references Chad Ford's story about Jan Vesely's workout for a few teams, including the Kings, in New Jersey this Sunday.
- Givony believes Jimmer Fredette's best-case scenario is a former King.
Salt Lake City Tribune's Steve Luhm on Twitter:
By my count, there are 37 media members in the press room waiting for the end of Jimmer-Kemba. Easily more than a first-round playoff seriesAfter the jump are some quotes, along with audio from KFAN 1320 sports radio from the post-workout media availability.... More
With the NBA Draft just one week away, we're ramping up the podcast schedule. How will it all play out before the Kings make their selection with the seventh overall pick? To sort through all the draft chatter we're hearing, we welcomed Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick to the show.Highlights
- On Leonard: "The personality and the life story, that's part of why he's moving up the board because he's got an ego in a sense that he's confident about himself, but he's not a young guy that's going to come in saying that 'man I can't wait to get my 12, 13 shots.' He just wants to fit in, work hard and be a good NBA player."
- On Kings scouting: "I was told that three different members - Geoff Petrie, Wayne Cooper & Shareef Abdur-Rahim I think it was, had all made separate trips to see Jan Vesley, which I think tells you something (about their interest). But there's similar stories about Kawhi."
- And as far as Brandon Knight working out against JimmerFredette & Kemba Walker before next Thursday? Sam doesn't see it happening
2011 NBA Draft. Despite a poor showing during his individual workout, Biyombo isn't short of any confidence regarding his future NBA potential.... More