Sacramento Kings finalize new multi-million dollar TV deal with Comcast SportsNet
The Sacramento Kings have come to terms on a brand new TV deal with Comcast SportsNet. According to Sports Business Journal, the Kings and NBC Sports Group, Comcast SportsNet California’s parent company, have agreed to a new deal worth an estimated $700 million over the next 20 years.
The Kings reportedly will be paid between $25-26 million next year by NBC Sports Group. The Kings could potentially earn up to $50 million in rights fees in the contract’s final year if the deal runs the entire 20 seasons.
As part of the new agreement, the Kings will have extended coverage on Comcast SportsNet California and CSNCalifornia.com. Some of the details of the new deal are as follows:
- 500 hours of Kings related-programming throughout the year.
- CSN California will air 80 Kings’ games (as opposed 70) per season.
- All in-game, pre-game and postgame advertising and sponsorships will all be handled by Comcast SportsNet.
- Pre-game and post-game shows will now be a part of game-day coverage on Kings’ telecasts. They’ll have additional programming that includes: Kings Central – a monthly magazine show, a season preview and review shows and an NBA draft show.
- Comcast will appoint a Kings Insider who will provide in-depth coverage across the network’s multi-platform outlets including CSNCalifornia.com, Kings Pregame Live, Kings Postgame Live, SportsNet Central, Yahoo SportsTalk Live and other NBA related programming.
- News and analysis on SportsNet Central and Yahoo SportsTalk Live, CSN SportsNet’s signature shows.
- Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds will remain on board as the official broadcast duo for all Kings telecasts.
Chris Granger, President of the Sacramento Kings
“I believe the terms of our new long-term agreement reflect a 21st century media deal. NBCUniversal and Comcast SportsNet are best-positioned to help the Sacramento Kings provide fans with an unparalleled viewing experience. We look forward to working together to create unique perspectives and innovative content across the many platforms where we interact with our fans.”
Comcast SportsNet’s Statement
“We’re pleased to confirm that NBCUniversal and Comcast SportsNet have reached a new long-term agreement with the Sacramento Kings that will expand Comcast SportsNet’s role as the Kings’ primary TV partner. Although terms of the comprehensive deal are confidential, we are looking forward to working with the Kings’ new ownership and providing one of the most loyal fan bases with unparalleled coverage.”