Live from the locker room: Sac Kings vs. LA Lakers
Here is the latest news live from Sleep Train Arena:
- The Sacramento Kings (11-15) try to get back on track today against the Los Angeles Lakers (8-18) after losing five straight. During Thursday night’s loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, center DeMarcus Cousins played a surprising 33 minutes after missing 10 games with viral meningitis. “We’ll watch and see,” coach Tyrone Corbin said during pregame. “He did well yesterday. I thought he responded to the game very well. He went through the whole practice yesterday. We’ll see how the game develops.”
- The rumor mill shined a bright spotlight on Sacramento Saturday afternoon with reports that the Kings and Brooklyn Nets were engaged in trade talks involving Deron Williams, Darren Collison, Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson. We have nothing to report yet on that front, but coach Corbin addressed the difficult nature of keeping his team focused while reports swirl. “It is what it is, man,” Corbin said. “We just have to make we’re focusing on getting better everyday the way we are right now and that’s the only thing we can control. Just try as much as we can to dismiss all the rumors and work to get better.”
- The last time these tow teams faced off, second-year shooting guard Ben McLemore played extremely well against NBA legend Kobe Bryant. Unfortunately, McLemore played just 25 minutes due to foul trouble and while he was on the bench, Bryant got loose. “Stay out of foul trouble,” McLemore listed as his number one priority. “Just keep being aggressive. I want to make it hard for him to score. I know he’s going to get his shots, but I want to make it tough for him, make it competitive for him and just go out there and play my game.”
- Omri Casspi has missed the last six games due to a left knee bone contusion. Casspi is expected to be in uniform tonight, as is Reggie Evans (left knee and hip contusion) and Ramon Sessions (lower back), when the Kings take on the Lakers.
- The Lakers are without Xavier Henry (ruptured left Achilles), Steve Nash (sciatic pain) and Julius Randle (right tibia fracture) for the foreseeable future. Wesley Johnson (sprained ankle) is expected to play today, but reserve Ryan Kelly will miss today’s game with a torn right hamstring.
Ben McLemore DeMarcus Cousins Omri Casspi Ramon Sessions Reggie Evans Sac Kings Sacramento Kings Steve Nash Wesley Johnson