Live from the locker room: Kings vs. Pelicans
Here is the latest news live from Sleep Train Arena:
- The Sacramento Kings (26-48) are once again riding a losing streak taking on the New Orleans Pelicans (40-34) tonight at Sleep Train Arena. Losers of three straight, Sacramento looks to get right against a team with a lot on the line. The Pelicans currently trail the Oklahoma City Thunder by a game and a half for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. “It’s hard to judge your team at times because the west is so tough,” coach Monty Williams said. “Sometimes you can make a mistake of a rash decision if you base it just on how your team faired in the west because it’s a tough conference. “
- Rudy Gay will miss his second straight game with a concussion. Cowbell Kingdom caught up to the veteran wing in the locker room during pregame. He is still experiencing headaches and light sensitivity and is doubtful for Sunday’s game.
- DeMarcus Cousins is coming off a career game in Houston. The 24-year-old center scored 24 points, grabbed 21 rebounds, handed out 10 assists and blocked six shots in the 115-111 loss to the Rockets. “DeMarcus has been tremendous, both in the game in New Orleans and the game in Houston were extremely impressive,” said coach George Karl. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a big guy put those numbers up in any game I’ve ever coached.”
- Sacramento native Ryan Anderson is back in action for New Orleans. He dropped in 17 points in 22 minutes off the Pelicans bench on Wednesday after an 18-game layoff due to a knee injury. Former Kings Tyreke Evans, Jimmer Fredette and Toney Douglas are also in uniform tonight for the Pelicans.
- 7-foot-5 center Sim Bhullar is in uniform tonight for the Sacramento Kings hoping to make his NBA debut. At 370 pounds, Bhullar has a lot of work to do on his body in order to become an NBA regular, but the Canadian born big man of Indian decent has an interesting skill set. He can rebound, block shots and has a high basketball IQ. If his body can catch up to his mind, he may have a chance.