Kevin Johnson on the Grant Napear Show
This afternoon, Mayor Kevin Johnson continued his media tour, dropping by the Kings flagship station, KHTK 1140. Not only did the Mayor field Grant’s questions, but he stuck around to take a few from callers as well. Here are some of the highlights of a very good discussion between Napes and KJ:
- “It looks like this facility, this venue, will be a public owned venue, so that’s important to know in the equation. And secondly, the Maloofs/the Kings organization, will be tenants only in the facility.”
- “First and foremost, it’s about job creation.” According to Johnson, the project will yield 4,100 new jobs, 3,700 of those will be construction jobs.
- The project is projected to take a little over 3-years to be completed, with a completion date of 2015.
- No broad base tax will be used.
- The Taylor/ICON group will be the developer for the project.
Click here to listen to the discussion.