DeMarcus Cousins officially named to USA Select Team
USA Basketball has made it official, naming DeMarcus Cousins as one of 13 players to its Select Team.
“The USA Select Team was a vital part of the USA Men’s National Team’s training in 2007, 2008 and 2010, and again in 2012 we’ll utilize this team of select NBA players to help get our National Team ready for the very competitive summer that is ahead of us,” said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketball chairman.
“Being chosen for the Select Team is quite an honor, and it’s an important step in becoming involved in USA Basketball’s National Team program in the future. In the past, current national team finalists like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andre Iguodala, as well as many other outstanding players got their USA National Team start through the Select Team.”
At the end of the regular season, Cousins addressed the possibility of a Team USA invite:
After jump, the rest of the roster.
- Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
- John Wall, Washington Wizards
- Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic
- DeJuan Blair, San Antonio Spurs
- DeMar Derozan, Toronto Raptors
- Derrick Favors, Utah Jazz
- Paul George, Indiana Pacers
- Taj Gibson, Chicago Bulls
- Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
- Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
- Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors