The Sacramento Kings may have finally found their solution to their long-term woes at small forward. A source with knowledge of the situation has confirmed that they have acquired Luc Mbah a Moute from the Milwaukee Bucks for the rights to a future second-round pick.
Mbah a Moute comes to the Kings after spending the first five seasons of his career with the Bucks. The 26-year-old veteran is known as a versatile defender, having played both forward positions in Milwaukee. Mbah a Moute played mostly at the three in his final season with the Bucks.
Last year, Mbah a Moute battled injuries all season long, appearing in 58 contests and starting just 45 of them for Milwaukee. He missed time in March with turf toe and experienced knee issues after undergoing surgery to his right patella last offseason. Knee tendinitis limited him to play in just 43 of 66 games in the lockout-shortened season.
“Luc has had a tough year,” former Bucks head coach Jim Boylan told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel before this year’s playoffs. “So to think he’s going to suddenly in a couple days come back to what he was, is unrealistic. But that being said, he’s still capable of being a factor defensively against a variety of players. To have him back feeling good is a key for us.”
Last year for Milwaukee, he averaged 6.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and shot 40.1 percent from the field in 22.9 minutes per game.
Mbah a Moute arrives in Sacramento with two years and approximately $9 million remaining on his contract. Pete D’Alessandro and his former team, the Denver Nuggets, inked Mbah a Moute to a four-year, $19-million deal in 2011, only to see it matched by the Bucks.
Just landed in Cameroon and got told i've been traded to Sacramento!!
— Luc Mbah a Moute (@mbahamoute) July 9, 2013