Gametime: 3:00 pm PT
Where: Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento, CA.
Broadcast Information: TV – News 10, Radio – 1140 The Fan
For Nuggets perspective, visit fellow TrueHoop Network affiliate Roundball Mining Company.
Additional Pregame Primer – Kings’ Speech: Game 23 vs. Denver Nuggets
Sacramento Kings Probable Starters (7-15)
Denver Nuggets Probable Starters (12-12)
Stats and Rankings
- Points Per Game: 94.5 (23rd out of 30)
- Offensive Rating: 101.7 (24th out of 30)
- Opponents Points Per Game: 100 (23rd out of 30)
- Defensive Rating: 107.6 (26th out of 30)
- Pace: 92 (13th out of 30)
- Points Per Game: 100.8 (8th out of 30)
- Offensive Rating: 107.2 (9th out of 30)
- Opponents Points Per Game: 100.7 (25th out of 30)
- Defensive Rating: 107.1 (24th out of 30)
- Pace: 93.2 (7th out of 30)
Three questions to ponder
1. Will the Kings be able to limit their turnovers?
Over the last week, the Kings didn’t do a great job taking care of the ball. In their four games on the road, Sacramento averaged 15.3 turnovers per contest and allowed their opponents to score 20.5 points off miscues. Denver is a team that thrives in transition. On the season, they’re averaging 17 points off turnovers per game. The Kings have to value each possession in today’s contest, otherwise the Nuggets could blow this one wide open.
2. Can the Kings play from ahead for a change?
Slow starts have plagued the Kings for most of the season. More times than not, the Kings have found themselves in a hole at halftime. In fact, when Sacramento is trailing their opposition at intermission, they’re an astonishing 1-14 this year. The Kings have only held a lead at halftime seven times this season, but a victory is much more likely in that scenario. Sacramento is 6-1 when leading after two quarters. Coming out to start today’s game strong will be key for the Kings against an up-tempo Nuggets team.
3. Which team wins the battle on the glass?
The Nuggets are one of the best rebounding teams in the league this year. They rank second in offensive rebounds per contest (13.8) and fifth in total rebounds per game (44.6). The Nuggets have also out-rebounded their opponents in 14 of their first 24 games. The Kings, meanwhile, have struggled to match their effort on the glass from last season. This year, they’ve dropped from second to 20th in offensive rebounds and 10th to 21st in total rebounds.