It took two weeks, but the Sacramento Kings finally re-introduced power forward Jason Thompson Friday afternoon. Logistics and scheduling held up the formal announcement for Thompson, who re-signed a contract extension earlier this month.

“Really excited about bringing Jason back,” said Kings president of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie to open up the press conference held at Bella Bru Cafe in Natomas.  ”I think he’ll be the second-longest tenured King at this point.

“He brings so many positive qualities to our team,” continued Petrie.  ”His (personality), his ability to play both positions. He fits into Keith’s style of play, he’s a big man that can run the floor – handle it some, pass it some.  I think towards the end of this last season his offense in terms of some of the variety of things that he was able to do really started to come around.”

Thompson signed a multi-year deal that is expected to pay him roughly $6 million a year.  Drafted 12th overall by the Kings four years ago, the big man suggested his mind was set on Sacramento when he tested free agency for the first time.

“This is obviously the place that I wanted to be,” said Thompson.  ”I was drafted here out in ’08.  I had some ups and downs, but I started to look at what we had with Coach Smart and this young core and it brings a lot of excitement.”

Thompson was accompanied by his parents Chuck and Sharon to the press conference.  And in addition to Petrie, Jerry Reynolds and Shareef Abdur-Rahim represented the Kings front office at Friday’s media event.  Courtesy of Kings.com, you can watch the press conference in its entirety below.