10 things about Thomas Robinson
1. Brothers and fellow NBA forwards Markief and Marcus Morris along with their mother Angel are just a few of the important people in Robinson’s life. They accepted him as one of their own after the tragedy he suffered in his life last year. “Angel and the…Morris Twins, they’re special to me. Like you said, they took me in as family and especially at the time when I needed it, so I’m very grateful to have them in my life.” Angel was present at Robinson’s press conference today.
3 Of his new teammates, Robinson says he knows Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Honeycutt the most. He played against Whiteside in high school and Honeycutt in the AAU Circuit.
4. Robinson isn’t afraid of pushing Cousins and wouldn’t be shocked if practices get heated on occasion. “We should, but it’s all for the fun,” he said. “I mean to make him better, make me better. So when we go against other people, it should be easy.”
5. Speaking of Cousins, Robinson recognizes that their games are fairly similar. They’re both players who excel on offense from a face-up position. “I’m a lot better than what a lot of people think,” Robinson said of his offensive game. “With more spacing, I could do more with the ball.”
6. He says there’s no extra motivation to beat the New Orleans Hornets because they selected Anthony Davis instead of him. “I’m looking forward to any team we play, but yeah that’d be a good one.”
7. Like in Chicago at the NBA Draft Combine when he claimed he was this year’s best draft prospect, Robinson’s willing to speak his mind. “I think that’s only way you should do it,” he said.
8. His first order of business in Sacramento is to settle in and find a place to live. “I’m tired of living in hotels,” he said jokingly.
9. Robinson majored in African-American Studies at Kansas. He said he’s about 9 units away from graduation.
10. What does Robinson want Kings fans to know most about him? “That I’m dependable, that I’ll stay consistent and I’ll continue to work hard.” Potential nicknames: how about Mr. Dependable?